what a day

Today was special.

Every year I am amazed at the community that has happened through the years around the Garden Market.  For me, it feels a little like a reunion.  I get to introduce my favorite people to my other favorite people & in turn I get to meet other people's favorite people & all of it happens right in the middle of a Market.

The Garden Market began as more than a market & I think the heart & soul of it beats through.
I've said it before & I believe it to be very true.  When people let the creativity placed within them show itself to the world after investing their time & money into it.....it's an act of bravery.  There is this unknown on the other side.

And when you throw a party, which is what the market is, you want people to come.
It means a lot when people come.
So thank you.
You came & filled the room all. day. long. & it was an encouragement all day long to just see your faces in the room.
You took the time to be present.
Just by being there you lifted us up.

So, I want to give thanks all around.  Thank you to the vendors that gave their sleepness nights & their resources & their gifts to be a part of this today.
Thank you to the friends & the family & the neighbors who took time & came to celebrate these gifts in our community with us.
And thank you to Geneva for all you did to rally the troops & handle the details.

And I wanted you to also  know that the raffle proceeds are being donated to WellSpring Living.  WellSpring is an incredible organization here in Atlanta that is helping to heal & redeem the stories of broken people.  Learn more about what they do here

If you want to continue to shop from the vendors (or if you are a vendor & want to get your information out there) use the facebook page to your advantage.  I'll do my best to get contact info on the blog - but many vendors have their info on facebook & are a part of the Garden Market page.

Now....I'm off to curl up into a little ball & sleep for a while...I pray that you will all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your families!


No comments: